International + 1 (720)457-5500
Join Our TeamExplore a career with Spinnaker
Director - Management Consulting, Returns Management and Reverse Logistics
Spinnaker is a focused supply chain services company that helps clients grow, manage risk, reduce costs, and improve customer service by developing world-class supply chain capabilities. Our services help clients develop the right supply chain strategy for their business challenges and implement the process and technology solutions to improve Demand/Supply Planning, Procurement and Sourcing, Logistics and Warehousing, and Returns Management Supply Chain business performance.
Founded in 2002 and headquartered in Denver, Colorado with offices in Boston, Memphis, London, and Singapore, Spinnaker has twice been named to Inc. Magazine’s list of the 500 fastest-growing private companies as well as Supply & Demand Chain Executive's Top 100 supply chain solution providers.
Spinnaker has a job opening for a Director in the firm’s Management Consulting practice who has proven experience helping grow and manage a consulting or logistics professional services organization and strong knowledge of Returns Management and Reverse Logistics supply chain processes.
The right candidate will have experience managing a professional services organization including business development, financial planning, organizational development and service delivery. Specific industry experience in discrete manufacturing (high-tech, telecom, automotive, medical devices, etc.) is desired.
This position can be located in any major metropolitan region of the U.S. and be willing to travel up to 80% as required by client engagements.
Sales and Account Management
- Support the business develop process to identify and engage with prospective clients for Spinnaker consulting and business process outsourcing services
- Support and lead the nurturing and maturing of client and prospect relationships
- Support the development of sales documents including: Service Proposals, Master Services Agreements, Statements of Work, and Incremental project change requests
- Support the development of marketing campaigns and collateral.
- Coordinate with other Spinnaker team members and experts who provide knowledge across various supply chain processes such as Demand/Supply Planning, Sourcing and Procurement, Manufacturing, and Logistics and Warehousing.
- Develop a consulting practice focused on helping client develop world-class returns management and reverse logistics capabilities.
- Coordinate with other practice leaders to develop and execute strategies to establish Spinnaker’s reputation as a thought leader in the Returns Management space.
- Interact with industry analysts
Serve as a trusted adviser for senior executives at Spinnaker clients focusing on:
- Strategy development
- Business process design
- Technology evaluation and solution architecture
- Provide oversight for multiple Spinnaker consulting engagements
- Conduct project tracking and client management meetings for active clients
- Support the recruiting interviewing and on-boarding process for new W2 employees and 1099 contractors
- Support with the development of employee goals and career roadmaps
- Provide day to day to support to manage user activities and escalations
- Provide employee mentoring to achieve both short term improvements and long term goals
- Support employee community building activities
- Resource training
- Ability to take somewhat vague circumstances or client requirements and formulate clear project objectives and approaches and drive successful projects
- Quantitative and analytical skills (financial analysis, mathematical modeling and statistics, etc.)
- Strong problem solving skills (ability to follow a DMAIC process – define, measure, analyze, improve, control)
- Strong written and oral presentation skill
- Presentation abilities (up to CxO levels)
- Ability to work and communicate well with all levels of an organization
- Specific knowledge of common change management doctrines and best practices
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree desired
- Leadership experience in a consulting or other professional services environment
- Strong functional knowledge (5+ years) of Returns Management and Reverse Logistics experience
For more information or to apply to this position please email email@example.com. In the subject line please mention which job you are applying for.