Supply Chain Solutions for the Consumer Products & Retail Industry
Consumer products and retail companies face a highly competitive landscape and difficult barriers to success. Intense pressure on profit margins, the complexities of global supply chains, SKU proliferation, large numbers of stocking locations, promotion management and shorter product lifecycles place new challenges on traditional supply chain models.
Spinnaker helps clients design and manage high-volume consumer product and retail supply chains to get the right product in the right place at the right time in a cost-effective manner. Our experienced consultants help our clients design their supply chains and put in place the processes and systems needed to manage complex consumer products and retail environments.
Spinnaker’s Consumer Goods/Retail Supply Chain Solutions
- Supply chain strategy and network design
- Supply chain predictive analytics
- Demand/supply planning and S&OP
- Collaborative planning, forecasting and replenishment (CPFR)
- Fulfillment and inventory optimization
- Supply chain staff augmentation and training
- Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) Value-Added Warehousing and Distribution Services
- BPO: Reverse Logistics and Returns Solutions
Examples of Spinnaker’s results working with our customers include:
- Working with a leading consumer electronics manufacturer and office superstore retailer to improve inventory turns by 50% while increasing in-stock levels through better assortment and promotions management.
- Reducing retail handset and accessories inventory for a wireless telecom provider by $500M.
- Reducing freight costs by 5% for a leading footwear vendor through more effective carrier sourcing and management.
For more information on Spinnaker’s work with leading consumer products and retail companies, visit our case study library.