International + 1 (720)457-5500
Join Our TeamExplore a career with Spinnaker
Supply Chain Solutions for the Telecommunications Industry
Telecommunications companies, whether manufacturers or network service providers, face a variety of supply chain challenges. For manufacturers, serving network providers with compressed capital budgets; needing to invest in bleeding edge technology R&D; and holding back the competition means they must provide reliable, relevant products that last longer.. For providers, managing a supply chain with characteristics of both a traditional utility and cutting edge retailer provide a wide array of unique challenges.
Add to that the drive to reuse parts and components and have them rapidly available for network redeployment, and the reverse supply chain becomes a larger part of the picture for these organizations as well.
Beyond these initial supply chain challenges, other questions arise such as:
- How do I best manage and upgrade communications networks to maximize customer service while managing costs?
- How do I balance demand and supply to leverage the latest technology without undue risks?
- How do I provide support to multiple retail channels and customers with a variety of vendor managed inventory, consignment, and promotional requirements?
- What is the best way to align inventory and production to support uncertain demand?
- How do I manage a complex customer-level service, returns and repairs process?
Spinnaker helps telecommunication companies to optimize, streamline and control the costs of their supply chains while effectively positioning services and products to delight customers. Our clients in this industry have benefited from our deep expertise in supply chain strategy, process design and technology implementation. For manufacturers, Spinnaker’s supply chain planning services have enabled them to be more responsive to their customers’ critical network service level requirements and technology needs. For providers, Spinnaker helps them to reduce cost by more effectively planning and managing the logistics of a large supply chain network and design retail supply chains to meet the dynamic needs of their customers and technologies. Working with both sides of the telecommunications industry gives Spinnaker a breadth and depth of experience that is the cornerstone of our services.
Spinnaker’s Telecommunications Supply Chain Solutions
- Supply chain strategy and network design
- Supply chain predictive analytics
- Demand/supply planning and S&OP
- Collaborative planning, forecasting and replenishment (CPFR)
- Fulfillment and inventory optimization
- Resource augmentation and training services
- Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) Value-Added Warehousing and Distribution Services
Examples of Spinnaker’s results working with our customers include:
- Reducing invoice discrepancies at a telecommunications network provider from $28M to $300K, and eliminating $9M of materials inventory backlog
- Enabling staff productivity at a telecom network equipment manufacturer of more than 33%
- Decreasing the scrap rate for salvageable materials at to almost zero at a major cellular phone provider
- Improved end to end QMS processes in the returns function for a Fortune 500 Network Equipment Manufacturer
For more information on Spinnaker’s work with leading telecommunications companies, visit our case study library.