Logistics Partner Sourcing: Choosing the Right Supply Chain Partner
The decision to outsource some or all of your logistics execution operations should not be taken lightly. The supply chain landscape is littered with failed relationships between logistics service providers and their customers. In many cases, the seeds for these failed ventures are sown early in the process. Outsourcing may not even be a legitimate option for many organizations, but for those who think it may be, beginning the process with a seasoned partner like Spinnaker is the first key to success.
As independent consultants with broad industry experience and a deep understanding of logistics and manufacturing outsourcing, Spinnaker can help you evaluate the decision to outsource and identify the right supply chain partners. We evaluate the strategic objectives of an outsourcing decision and then apply a robust set of strategic sourcing processes and practical know-how to help you search for and implement the logistics service provider that fits your requirements at the best possible price, with the required level of service and lowest possible risk.
- Spend Analysis – Spinnaker helps you indentify, classify and summarize the logistics spend you wish to outsource to understand whether outsourcing makes sense.
- Supply Market Intelligence – Spinnaker ensures the logistics market and its driving factors are clearly understood before going to market and are integrated into the sourcing strategy.
- Sourcing Strategies and Sourcing Execution – Spinnaker has the expertise to help you design the right future-state operating model and execute Requests for Information, Requests for Proposal/Quotations, e-Auctions, and Expressive Bidding to select a partner.
- Implementation – Spinnaker can plan and execute the transition to a new partner to minimize risk while achieving cost and duration objectives.
- Supplier Relationship Management – After implementation, Spinnaker can develop the process to manage outsourced suppliers, encouraging them to improve performance quarter over quarter and to become more of a business partner versus just a supplier.